“RAISE YOUR VOICE PROJECT”
Armenia (Hayastan in Armenian), officially the Republic of Armenia is situated between Europe and Asia, in Transcaucasia occupying 29.800sq/km area. Armenia is divided into 11 regions (Marz). The capital of the country is Yerevan. The population of Armenia is 3.2 million people. The country has a very homogeneous ethnic composition, 97.9% of the population are of ethnic Armenian origin. Among other minorities are Russians, Yezidi, Assyrians, Ukrainians, Greeks, Georgians, and Belarusians. Armenia has a very large diasporas, as an average of 8 million Armenians live world. Culturally, historically and politically, Armenia is considered to be a part of Europe. However, due to its location in the southern Caucasus, on the conventional boundary between Europe and Asia, we can say that it’s an intercontinental country. Endowed with rich cultural heritage, Armenia is considered to be the first country to officially accept Christianity in the IV century (301)
This projects gathered european associations involved in project who are dealing with youngsters with fewer opportunities, mostly refugees, immigrants and youngsters with social and geographical problems. The aim of this project was to raise up the problems these young people face and address it to the society through social advertisement. Youngsters from the participants countries: Spain, Armenia, Ukraine, the Netherlands, Turkey, France and Czech Republic were involved in creating social advertisements with the topics of : Tolerance, Hate Speach, Prejudice, Stereotypes, European Values through different methods, such as Dance, Art, Music, and Photography. During the social project, participants had the opportunity to learn, see and explore the problems of the youngsters with fewer opportunities.
Objectives of the Project
• Promote European Values.
• Develop cultural skills and promote multiculturism
• To raise up the problems of the youngsters with fewer opportunities and make their voice heard to the public through different types of art
• To increase awareness of social issues
• To familiarize the visitor group with the customs and lifestyles of Armenian society.
• Giving young people an opportunity to discover different lifestyle from their own.
• Increase the social skills of the participants, their self-esteem and decision-making ability.
• Introduce the skills needed for a possible way out of the country to young people, through contact with another country.
• Learn to work in teams, make decisions and exchange ideas